Due to the increase in COVID infection rates, attendance at all THS athletic contests will be restricted to 2 guests per athlete.  Normal ticket prices will be in effect.

THS requires strict adherence to masking and social distancing guidelines.  Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in removal from the athletic contest.

All student athletes who participate in TPS Athletics must submit a current physical that is valid though their season.  Athletes cannot practice or take part in contests without an updated physical.  Please be sure that the Health Assessment Record ("blue health form") is complete, including the parent/guardian portion of the form.

Link to the CT Health Assessment Record.



For Fall sports, credits earned during the previous school year (sophomores through seniors) are to be used in determining scholastic eligibility for participation in interscholastic athletics.  The student must have earned 4 credits towards graduation.

For Winter and Spring sports, marking period grades (not credits) are to be used in determining scholastic eligibility for participation in interscholastic athletics during any given marking period.  The student must have earned passing scores in at least 4 classes.

Link to CIAC Handbook (click on Handbook tab)

 - page 130 - Eligibility - Fall Sports and By Marking Period

 - page 95 - Physical Examinations for Student Athletes

"Every athlete who participates in any CIAC-sanctioned activity (practice and/or contest) must be determined physically fit through a pre-participating evaluation performed within the past 13 months in accordance with reasonable and prudent written medical protocol as determined by his/her board of education or governing body." - CIAC


Link to NCAA Eligibility Center
Link to NAIA for Student-Athletes

Link to NCAA Webinar from NCAA Eligibility staff

Notes from NCAA - Division I & II

 - You need to be certified by the NCAA Eligibility Center to compete at an NCAA Division I or II school. Create a Certification Account and we'll guide you through the process.
 - You need to create a Certification Account to make official visits to Divisions I and II schools or to sign a National Letter of Intent.

Notes from NCAA Division III or undecided
Create a free Profile Page if you plan to compete at a Division III school or are not yet sure where you want to compete.
 - You'll get an NCAA ID, and we will send you important reminders as you complete high school.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.